September marked the beginning of our year-long focus on reaching out with compassion. As we journey through the program year we will challenge one another and offer opportunities for each of us to love our neighbors with the love we experience from Jesus. Sometimes you just don’t know where to start when beginning something new. The Zumbro staff shares a few simple ways for you to reach out with compassion; what would you add to the list?
- Say hello to your neighbor when you see them outside.
- When in a drive-thru, pay for the person’s order behind you.
- Smile even when you don’t feel like it.
- Greet people by name.
- Send a “thinking of you” card to someone.
- Call someone you have meant to talk but haven’t gotten to it.
- Cook or bake for a neighbor.
- Practice the Two-Minute Connection after worship (making a point to talk to someone you don’t know before you talk to someone you do).
- Listen first, talk later.